The Prince Albert Fire Department conducts fire inspections in the City of Prince Albert to ensure compliance with The Fire Prevention Act, 1992 and the City of Prince Albert's Bylaw No. 22 of 2008, The Fire and Emergency Services Bylaw. There are three types of fire inspections:
- Mandatory inspections to main or obtain license
- Approved homes (nursing homes, group homes) - $50.00 fee
- Daycares - $50.00 fee
- Mandatory inspections - no fee
- Rental properties
- Medical institutions
- Businesses - professional services, stores
- Industrial - factories, mercantile, etc.
- Assembly buildings - churches, schools, restaurants, community halls, arenas, etc.
- Non-mandatory - no fee
- Residential inspections (private dwellings) - Fire department staff members will perform private home inspections at the request of homeowners in order to instruct and educate citizens on topics of fire safety and fire hazards.
For more information or to book an inspection, please call 953-4200.